Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Second Wind

I know I said I was going to take a few days off, relax and recuperate because this is an emotionally stressful week for me. All of this on top of an intensified (though with good reason, like I said, our publication launched and I am so so happy about that!) week at work. I had prior plans tonight and didn't expect to get home until 11pm. I also thought this would impede my ability to update. However, the prior engagement was canceled, and I found myself home by 7:20. I decided to unwind and kill time by making dinner.
I actually made two dishes tonight! Both were SO easy to make, and equally as delicious. I made Skinny Pasta al Burro and Brushchetta E Prosciutto. Both dishes are simple and require very little prep. Planned right, they could both easily be made in half and hour.


Up first is the pasta. The recipe's preface said that the quality of the dish depends upon the quality of the ingredients used. So I splurged, and I bought fresh pasta and parmigiano that was aged two years. The cheese was sharp, and so delicious. It was a little pricey, but worth it. Plus, I still have a lot of cheese left over. This dish doesn't have much to it as far as ingredients go, but it does have a great taste. It's a total palette pleaser. I bet it would be hard to find someone that would dislike this dish!

Next, the prosciutto bruschetta. Also easy to make! Baking time is ten minutes and prep time probably five. Seriously, so easy. They also look fantastic finished. This little dish would make a GREAT starter dish to serve at a party or dinner. I think I might make it for our annual Christmas party. I have a feeling it will be a hit. The saltiness of the prosciutto really stands out, followed by the olive oil and then the garlic. I do not know if you all have noticed but garlic takes on this different taste when it's baked. It's less pungent but still delicious. It all worked together great in this dish! My suggestion is as follows: MAKE IT (ok, so maybe I am a slightly biased sodium fiend, so what!).
Come back to the blog on Friday! More food-related updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment