Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Few Days Off

I wanted to make something from Skinny Italian tonight, honestly I did. However, I stayed at the office later than usual, until about 5:55 (mind you, I got into the office at 8:25 am), was generally exhausted, and emotionally stressed. Oh, and I went the entire day fueled by nothing more than a cup of espresso and legal speed (see caffeine pills). Needless to say, I am not necessarily in the mood to cook.

Instead I went shopping.

Anyway, the point is, this is a very hectic week for me. The publication I work for has just launched, so everything there is a bit more intense. It's also the anniversary of my father passing away this week, and I've been suffering a dull head ache the last 72 hours and I'm on the verge of vomiting anytime I find myself stretched too thin.

So, anyway, I am taking a few days off from the blog. I'm took off from work on Friday, 11 June, and I will most likely have an update then. Another dish from Skinny Italian. And since I have the WHOLE day to myself (well, I will probably go to the gym and a hatha yoga class that day, I think it would be good for me) I might try to make something slightly more complicated. Or perhaps I will make both a lunch and a dinner!

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. njhousewives.blogspot.comJune 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM

    Something with fresh Jersey tomatos might work?
    Its a little early for them though.
    With olive oil.
    I don't have the book, but does she have a romesco sauce? (I probably spelled that wrong).
    Its like a pesto but red. That's really good with tortilini.
    Unless you are planning on going really crazy & making homemade gnocci or something like that? (sorry my spellcheck is off right now)
    OK, now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete