Saturday, May 22, 2010

Welcome Back Dinner

So I didn't actually make a meal today. I made it last night. For several reasons, actually. Today I have a birthday celebration to go to, my nieces are turning 4 and 1 years old respectively and I am opening up my Roth IRA today (yeah- ways to tell your parents work/worked in finance, you receive money for a retirement plan as your college graduation-though I'm already thinking about investments). Plus! My mother returned from Boston, where she's been the last few days, Friday evening, so I thought it might be nice of me to make her a lovely, homemade welcome back dinner!

I made to date what I consider simultaneously the easiest and most delicious recipe! Gorgeous Garlic Shrimp. This dish was so light and refreshing, and so so simple. It was really the perfect meal for last night. It was 75 degrees out at 8:30pm, so this summery dish with a glass of crisp, dry white wine was just necessary.

And how was the cooking? Well, of course cooking sea food always runs the risk of creating an overwhelmingly low tide scent. I just turned the fan on in the kitchen, and really the smell was nothing. Further, between prep work and cooking this dish probably took no more than 15 minutes to make.
Those pictures were literally taken within four minutes of one another. It cooks so quickly!

I mean, can it get any better than lite, refreshing, simple to make and fast to cook?! I STRONGLY recommend this dish to anyone that's looking for a great dish to serve on a summer afternoon/evening.
It did turn out lovely!

Next meal will be next week. Maybe Monday or Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment