Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Reflecting Before Tomorrow's Cooking Debut

I've made my choice regarding tomorrow's dish. I sat down and combed through the book and came to a decision based on the recipe's preface: that it's ideal for cold nights, and my has the weather been miserable. For those not in New Jersey it's the middle of May and it did not even break 50 degrees today! This was only made worse by the dreary drizzle. Tomorrow should be warmer, but by the time I'm making dinner the temperature should be in cooler territory.

Speaking of cold, I'm having the blogger version of cold feet. Don't worry, I'm not going to not cook! I'm just getting anxious because I realized how daunting making all this food is actually going to be! Cooking can be an ordeal. The supplies, the prep, the cleaning-on top of that I'll be doing this after a long day at work and a train commute home! All my friends can attest to the fact that I'm high strung, especially when it comes to food. I for one am not surprised that I'm somewhat stressed about the task ahead of me. I can only imagine the stress the woman behind the Julie&Julia blog (the blog that this blog kind of parodies) must have felt cooking more than 500 recipes!

Perhaps I'll have to make sure to drink a few of Teresa's Bellissimo Bellinis whenever I find myself stressed in the kitchen (and anyone who cooks can tell you drinking is some of the fun of cooking)!

Oh! And what am I going to make tomorrow? Well, I went to the Market Basket and bought all my supplies, but you're just going to have to come back and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment