Monday, May 17, 2010

Episode III

So, the third episode. It felt mostly like Housewife fodder if you ask me. Like, this episode was mostly unexciting but there's always a calm before the storm and next weeks episode looks insane.

Anyway, some thoughts on the episode. First off, Caroline. I appreciate that she doesn't bull shit, but that said I do think she can be a little overbearing. It came across somewhat in her segment with Jacqueline. Speaking of Jacqueline, watching her interact with her daughter is kind of funny because it reminds me of the way my mother and sister interact. It only makes sense that Ashley and my Sister got along when they went to high school together.

Watching the show people always reflect how level headed Danielle's children seem. However, I've heard from someone that has spent time with her kids that they're pretty different from their television portrayal. Until tonight anyway. I had heard that Danielle's eldest is fairly disrespectful and rude, and I think there was a real sense of that in tonight's episode. I found much of her behavior bratty. I know 15 is a rough age, but for god's sake, you're at fashion week! The closest I've ever been to fashion week is walking down the stairs at Bryant Park while on lunch break, breaking a heel (of a Bruno Magli no less) and getting quickly snapped by a photographer for it!

Onto Dina's house. My god the aesthetic could not be anymore different than mine. The leather couch she and Teresa were sitting on looked very comfortable, but I do not think I'd put that in my house personally (I'm not so keen on larger furniture). But, speaking of Dina's decor vs. her spirituality, I would recommend getting rid of some of the superfluous stuff! There's just SO much in her house, and I've read that too much stuff in a room can really mess up the energy.

I am cooking dinner on Tuesday night. I am not traditional in any sense of the word, so dinner will not be ready by 5pm. In fact, I'll just be getting out of work by then (guess I'm just not pretty enough, hence the job)

No comments:

Post a Comment